Support projects Enhanced Data Delivery
The Enhanced Data Delivery project supports the Exploring for the Future program in digital transformation and data infrastructure, building on the robust and flexible systems developed through other innovative programs across Geoscience Australia.
A cornerstone of the project is delivery of huge volumes of data on Australia's sub-surface, through the . Expanding on this capability, the project is improving user experience and functionality of existing integrated data discovery and decision-support platforms and technologies. A focus of innovation includes expansion of world-first decision-support tools, such as online economic and resource potential modelling. New mapping tools are being created to share the knowledge uncovered by the program and our improved understanding of the land with local stakeholders.
This digital transformation is underpinned by extensive work on data standardisation and delivery of FAIRer1 scientific data, ensuring the program is at the forefront of best practice in scientific data management and stewardship. This new generation of data infrastructure aims to attract national and international interest and stimulate investment in Australia’s resources sector for the benefit of all Australians.
1 FAIR: Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable
What we are doing
The Enhanced Data Delivery project is managing and delivering all information and communications technology activities for the Exploring for the Future program, including:
- data compilation and analysis from legacy publications and reports
- database development on existing and new systems
- GIS and data management capabilities through General Information Services and ongoing support
- enhanced data analysis and modelling with innovative toolkit and automation developments
- data development through web services and geoprocessing capabilities for enhanced data delivery
- data delivery and decision support capabilities with new tools and innovative visualisation techniques for web delivery through the
- building the Geoscience, Groundwater & Resources of Australian Provinces Atlas (GeoWRAPA) - a one-stop-shop to a curated understanding of Australia’s geological provinces and their resources to inform decision making by government and industry.
Important community information
Geoscience Australia is committed to land, air and marine access best practice and to protecting cultural heritage and the environment.
We thank the people and communities who collaborate with us to ensure the success of the Exploring for the Future program.
Geoscience Australia activities are not undertaken on behalf of any exploration company; we work for the benefit of all Australians.
All data produced by Geoscience Australia, including the data from this project, will be made publicly available after quality assurance has been performed.
The current Exploring for the Future program (2020–24) focuses on 8 interrelated projects, united in growing our understanding of Australia's geology.
Three deep-dive projects in potentially resource-rich corridors identified in the east and west of Australia: Darling–Curnamona–Delamerian, Officer–Musgrave–Birrindudu and Barkly–Isa–Georgetown projects.
Three national projects with a focus on southern Australia: Australia’s Resources Framework, National Groundwater Systems and Australia’s Future Energy Resources projects.
Two program support projects: Enhanced Data Delivery and Geoscience Knowledge Sharing projects.